The Three Seas Initiative Research Center – project at the Institute of Political Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences (ISP PAN)
This is a project funded by the Science for Society programme (Nauka dla społeczeństwa) of the Ministry of Education and Science of Poland. The aim of the project is to establish
a research center that will bring together social science researchers working on issues related to the Three Seas Initiative and cooperation in the Three Seas area. The establishment of the Centre is expected to lead to the development of scientific and professional cooperation. The Centre will serve to popularise and develop scientific knowledge and research on the initiative and will be the basis of an international cooperation network linking research actors with each other and with socio-economic actors. Research will cover the economic, political and social dimensions with a focus on energy, infrastructure and digital cooperation, as well as regional security and social policy issues. The Center’s research is conducted at two levels of analysis: the state level and the international system level.
The Institute has been functioning as a state legal entity in Lublin, Poland since 2018. The Institute’s activities are related to research on the countries of Central and Eastern Europe (excluding Russia) in political, economic as well as social aspects and the relations of the countries of this region with Poland. The Institute publishes the results of research and analysis in the form of “IEŚ Commentaries”, the series “IEŚ Papers” and “IEŚ Policy Papers”. It also publishes monographs on both the history and contemporary situation of the countries of Central and Eastern Europe and the journal “Yearbook of the Institute of Central and Eastern Europe”. The Institute’s mission is to provide substantive support for Polish foreign policy.
Centre for Eastern Studies (Ośrodek Studiów Wschodnich, OSW)
Centre for Eastern Studies is Polish state-owned entity established in 1990 to provide analysis and monitoring of the current political, economic and social situation in the countries of Central, Northern and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, the Caucasus, the Middle East, Central Asia and China. The main tasks of the Centre are to prepare analyses and expert opinions for the public authorities of the Republic of Poland, to inspire and conduct research, to disseminate knowledge on the current state and changes of the political, social and economic situation, and to promote the Polish and economic situation, as well as promoting Polish analytical thinking abroad. OSW’s activities are entirely financed from public funds.
The Polish Institute of International Affairs (PISM) is one of the most important think tanks in the Central and Eastern European region. Situated between the worlds of politics and analysis, PISM provides support to Polish decision-makers and diplomats. The backbone of PISM is the Research and Analysis Office, which carries out analyses, expert opinions and foresight studies both on its own initiative, as well as commissioned by public authorities. PISM conducts scientific research on Polish foreign policy, European integration, transatlantic relations, international security and the economy.
The Institute of New Europe is a polish research centre (think tank) providing analytical services in the field of international politics, economy, security and new technologies, with particular focus on the process of European integration and Poland’s role in this process. The Institute’s mission is to provide a substantive basis for and to animate discussions on the future of Europe in a changing world.
about the future of Europe in a changing world order and global technological race; to strengthen and improve national and EU institutions; and to influence the shape and direction of Polish European and foreign policy.
The Foundation is an independent non-profit research centre. The Institute’s research scope covers international relations, politics and international security in the broadest sense, as well as multidimensional economic cooperation. The Institute’s specific research area includes the region of Central and Eastern Europe extended by the countries of the Three Seas Initiative. The Institute’s priority tasks are to prepare in-depth analyses describing and explaining international events, to identify and identify upcoming international policy trends, to prepare recommendations for the state and private sector based on analyses and trends, with a particular focus on the political, economic, social and broadly defined security context.
Trimarium is a medium for describing and analysing the most important phenomena, events and processes in the Three Seas region. The creators of the portal convince that “it is the raison de state of all the countries of the Three Seas Initiative to deepen mutual trust, cooperation and friendship”. The portal operates under the framework of the “Trójmorze” Association, of which the president is Grzegorz Górny.
- Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM – Das Institut für den Donauraum und Mitteleuropa, Austria)
- Austrian Institute for International Affairs (OIIP – Österreichisches Institut für Internationale Politik, Austria)
- Institute fot Security and International Studies (Bułgaria)
- Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO – Institut za razvoj i međunarodne odnose, Chorwacja)
- Association for International Affairs (AMO – Asociace pro mezinárodní otázky, Czechy)
- Institute of International Relations (IIR – Ústavu mezinárodních vztahů, Czechy)
- Institute for European Policy (EUROPEUM, Czechy)
- International Centre for Defence and Security (ICDS/RKK – Rahvusvaheline Kaitseuuringute Keskus, Estonia)
- The Estonian Foreign Policy Institute (EVI – Eesti Välispoliitika Instituut, Estonia)
- Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS/VU TSPMI – Vilniaus universiteto Tarptautinių santykių ir politikos mokslų institutas, Litwa)
- The Eastern Europe Studies Centre (EESC, Litwa)
- Latvian Institute of International Affairs (LIIA/LAI – Latvijas Ārpolitikas institūts, Łotwa)
- Kościuszko Institute ( Instytut Kościuszki, Polska)
- Warsaw Institute (Polska)
- Prince Mieszko I University of the Applied Sciences in Poznan (ANSM – Akademia Nauk Stosowanych im. Księcia Mieszka I w Poznaniu, Polska)
- European Institute of Romania (EIR, Rumunia)
- Centre for Defence and Security Strategic Studies (CDSSS/CSSAS – Centrul de Studii Strategice de Apărare şi Securitate, Rumunia)
- The Slovak Foreign Policy Association (SFPA, Słowacja)
- GLOBSEC (Słowacja)
- The Atlantic Council of Slovenia (Słowenia)
- The Institute for Economic Research (IER, Słowenia)
- Institute for Foreign Affairs and Trade (Węgry)
- Antall József Knowledge Centre (Węgry)
- Collegium Interethnicum